Sunday, July 28, 2013

Spain As A Canvaas

This post is for my blogging buddies; some of whom are on FB and others who are not and haven't had any kind of update since the wild cherry tree. Sorry but I have been trying to blog but sometimes it times out and won't update. I try again and again and get frustrated and quit 2 days ago I was sitting in front of a cathedral in Logrono and having issues w/ my tangly long hair and a need for conditioner. I was also conteplating SILENCE and PURPOSE with my life and with God. I was thinking about all the 'stuff' that takes time away from silence and focus and without any intention on my part, it became very clear to me that I could/should/will nearly shave my head. Partly it seemed crazy/loco because it's (oh what words should I use) ,.... i am a girl, I am 'supposed' to have hair and some would say "long hair' but I am also very aware that the time I spend on it is time that is focused on outer beauty and part of that is the opposite of what Iam searching for on the Camino. By shaving my head I am detaching myself from HAIR. I am opening up a space within my spirit to not try to be beautiful or sexy in a way that is HAIR. I still very much want to exude beauty and sensuality but not with my hair. Now I am free to just that. Ican say that in the last 2 days I have felt more freedom from that simple chop job, very much more than Ianticipated. I touch my head and Ismile. I look in the mirror and I see a whole new me. The hair has been on my head for the better part of my 48 years and it is time for a new look. This Camino is absolutely an adventure and I am seeing hills and vineyards and villages with beauty beyond my experience, but for me it is more than just an 'adventure physically' it is about truly appreciating the life Ihave lived thus far, re-evaluating the direction I want to go in the future and to use Spain as the Canvaas that I paint a new me on. I will try to upload a photo if I can. Much love - Kay from Kansas.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You look great..happy, healthy..and like a trekker. I missed your posts the lasts couple of days, so I'm glad you' re able to post again. I like your canvas metaphor for the changes you are seeking and experiencing. The writing is good..keep it up..you are using words to invite us to know the real you. I'm glad you can now post pictures.

    Smiling when I think of you,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete