Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Miracle Numero Dos

And then there is MIRACLE#2....Cuz it was a 2 miracle kind of day! After my siesta.... like 3:30 or something stupid like that....when peregrinos have NO business HIKING in the heat (muy calor)... I am out there like the idiot that Iam and of course the biking peregrinos are out in full force. The peregrinos on bikes are not even allowed into the albergues until 6pm so they have to ride in the heat. NOT ME.... i choose it! ....... My original goal was villa de mayor, which is right under 20 kilometers, 12 ish miles. and I actually make it. And I call the little teensy weensy albergue who says in the brochure they are out of town a bit but will pick me up on the camino ( Icall them from a bar/restaurant) and the owner says to me she is NOT an albergue, but a HOTEL and it's $40 euro to spend the night!! Thus far the rates per night have been anywhere from 'donation to $10 euro. I am exhausted, almost in tears because it's like 4:30 and I am sick and f-ing tired of walking in the heat. But I am also NOT willing to pay basically $60 bucks to spend the night there. So I am stuck. The next town is 3 miles (5 kilometers) and I am sitting in this restaurant in near tears; what should I do? I don't think I can go 3 more miles in this heat. The bartender says his companion is the waitress and she gets off at 5pm. (30 minutes) and she lives 3 miles up the road (in the next town).... shit.... this sounds soooooo tempting. It's like 10 till 5, and what do I do ? Hike 3 more miles in the heat or take a ride with the waitress/companion of the bartender. Historically when I have "coasted" (as my lovely family puts is) I have been rewarded...........which is twisted and wrong.... and today, I take door #2 (the ride with the waitress) and not only does she drop me at the very first edge of town (Belorado Spain) so I can hoof it up the hill to the first albergue... but what do you suppose is waiting for me at this little slice of heaven? .... that's right peeps............. a swimming pool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment