So I've had my healthy lunch, reconnected with a friend, now lay swinging in my hammock, living the dream (oh and I had caught up with the younger German group of peregrinos when I arrived- nearly beat - they were like "Kay!"... it makes me feel like I am doing a stronger job of trekking when I slowly but eventually catch up. I quickly found out that this little albergue has...... Are you sitting down?..... 2 teepee's out in the back!!! A little one for singles and a larger teepee for about 3 or 4 peregrinos!! Claire from France has slept in the larger one for the last 2 nights, (had to share it with others but still!!!) it has a raised 8 inch floor with 1/2 inch foam mattresses on it, so you are not sleeping right on dirt (not that that would stop me!) I quickly, with my friendliest eyes asked if the larger teepee was available for sleeping? Marta said yes. So I unloaded my mochilla and silk sleeping sheet (dumped my sleeping mat back in Burgos - unloaded my gear in the larger teepee and went to do laundry and hang it out to dry.
I took a 2 hour siesta before dinner, met Claire again who was now chatting (tears gone) with a guapo (handsome) fella from Barcelona. His name is Sergio. He speaks english, and French and Spanish But of course he does!!! He says he is on the camino to think about his current relationship and the direction of his life. Claire has recently came into some money and taking time off to think on the Camino about her life direction. They ask why I am on the Camino and I tell them of my life debilitating shyness at home in the US and I am trying to break free and out of my shy shell :) --- not really, I told them of my life and that I am changing career directions, going back to school to re-invent myself at age 48.
So it's now near bedtime, Claire, Sergio and I watch the sunset from behind my large teepee (sometimes size does matter) and I am overcome with joy! I start dancing and singing (to the tune of 'I've got the whole world in my hands')
... I've got the whole TeePee to myself!
....I've got the whole, big, TeePee to myself,
....I've got the whole TeePee to myself!
....I've got the whole TeePee to myself!
They laugh, they understand my joy. Isn't it amazing/odd that in such a small amount of one opening our hearts and dreams to another, how quickly we come to know each other?
They are leaving in the morning around 5am and guess what...I am not! So I kiss them farewell and we wish each other a buen camino.






No comments:
Post a Comment