Saturday, August 17, 2013

Fabio, Grande Puente & Cardio fun





Here are 3 more photos for my blogging buddies .  They are: the bridge in Hospital de Ortega, Fabio from Itally and me on the gym equipment  entertaining Phillippe  and getting my cardio in!

Fabio met me after my hike out of Hospital de Ortega, I think.  We were both doing the mid-day hike and taking in much sunshine & water. He was in a quicker speed than me (shocker) and expecting to arrive in Santiago  much sooner. So many people, most really, are on the camino alone (or Solo or sola in spanish). There are also some neat couples out there, some best friends, some parents and kids.... it's a mix for sure. Even when people are on the camino together, many times one is faster than the other, or one is injured and so they camino at different speeds and 'meet up' later in the day . It's' fun and feels like leapfrog;  I pass you, then I stop for coffee, you then pass me, then you stop for lunch, and I pass you. At the end of many days we end up in the same village.

The very large bridge is the largest bridge in Spain. The story behind it is that a knight pursued love and she rejected him, breaking his heart, he then challenged any knight in Europe to pass him on the bridge. Apparently he defeated 300  lances and his bonds of love had been broken. He then  went to Santiago to give thanks.

The cardio photo is me entertaining Phillippe, the elderly gentleman and just having silly fun on the Camino.  I continue to gain strength mentally and physically. Each day is filled with new people and an overwhelming sense of gratitude for all that I am a part of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment