Even on days when I get up and fight putting my hiking boots on AGAIN.... after about a 45 minute walk up a hill, out of a quiet little village I come upon this and I am reminded that this is a very beautiful place to walk. At the end of today I will have 52 kilometers (30 miles) to go. Each morning the air is so crisp and clean and I am in awe of the beauty of a simple journey. Early mornings is when most of my creative thinking occurs and by early afternoon, my feet are more tired but my heart is silly and goofy and I play around until I arrive at my daily destination; the albergue. The top photo I wandered up to and stood there for about 30 minutes, I couldn't just walk past it, the beauty of how the trees lined up against the trail was so mesmorizing. In the second photo I titled it "almost flying!" .... to balance on the rock bridge on one leg (happily enjoying a little more flexibility and fitness as the camino has been a positive change on my body) the cold rushing water underneath me kept me focused so I didn't end up falling in.



No comments:
Post a Comment